SAN JOSE, CALIF. – May 5, 2014 – Extenua Inc., a pioneering developer of enterprise software that simplifies and secures the use of cloud technologies, announced the general availability of Cloud2Drive. Extenua’s Cloud2Drive enables enterprises of any size to securely store data in the cloud and access it without interruption. Enterprises can reduce costs and improve service levels for local, remote and mobile users by deploying Cloud2Drive. The software is based on patent-pending technology that can aggregate data from multiple cloud providers, increase availability, accessibility and sharing, both offline and online. It is unique, too, because it encrypts data independent of the cloud provider, thus increasing security, control and maintaining compliance by the enterprise that owns the data.
“Extenua Cloud2Drive makes shared cloud storage access simple, secure and aggregated,” said Federico Simonetti, Chief Technology Officer at Extenua. “We are applying unique technology to allow enterprises, large and small, take advantage of the flexibility and cost savings that cloud storage offers, so that they can fully leverage their data assets regardless of location.”
Cloud2Drive has been designed from the ground up to provide enterprises the most control, most secure and the easiest access to data by delivering critical, high-value features:
- Cloud2Drive allows users to see and use their cloud storage like their local hard disk drive – just double-click to access. There is no learning curve.
- Administrators can aggregate multiple cloud services and present them as one or more drives to users. Aggregated cloud services can be combined to deliver more capacity, or mirrored to provide high-availability and fault-tolerance. Cloud2Drive manages the complexity of the back-end multi-cloud structure and works with over 90% of cloud vendors including Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Fujitsu GCP/LCP, Rackspace, WebDAV, SFTP, and many others.
- Unlike other cloud access products, which are designed for individual users, Cloud2Drive is 100% enterprise ready. It allows multiple users to access the same files and prevents multiple users from accidentally corrupting a file if they access it at the same time.
- Cloud2Drive uses 99.999% accurate Artificial Intelligence to predict what files a user will need and caches these files locally so the user can work off-line. When the user is back on-line the files are automatically synchronized with the cloud, so productivity is always maintained.
- Local encryption, independent of the cloud provider, makes security very strong. The administrator controls the encryption key, so not even the cloud provider can access the organization’s data. This control exceeds HIPAA and PCI compliance standards.
- Finally, Cloud2Drive is very flexible and allows online access, anywhere without the need for creating VPNs, gateways or other bottlenecks that can be a single point of failure. Other solutions require hardware to operate, but Cloud2Drive’s distributed architecture makes it easier to manage, less expensive and very robust.
“Extenua’s Cloud2Drive is a unique, powerful software solution that breaks down the obstacles that prevent businesses from storing data in the cloud,” said Will Geoghegan, cloud architect, TPS5 Cloud & Partner Solutions, Fujitsu America, Inc. “With Cloud2Drive, the user or enterprise that owns the data retains control of security and access. Cloud2Drive is also very intuitive for administrators and users alike because after it’s installed, it offers no material change in everyday workflow. Fujitsu delivers a complete range of cloud solutions and services and we look forward to adding Cloud2Drive to our leading technology tools that help companies enhance productivity.”
Cloud2Drive is available now in two versions: Cloud2Drive Enterprise and Cloud2Drive Resale Edition. Cloud2Drive Enterprise is for enterprise end users. Cloud2Drive Resale Edition is a customizable version for cloud storage providers who wish to boost sales by adding valuable features to their offerings.
Cloud2Drive’s easy set up wizard means it can be up and running in minutes on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista or Windows XP. Cloud2Drive is priced at just dollars per user, per month. Additional product information is available at http://extenua.com/cloud2drive.